The projects listed here are available for students doing Thesis A followed by Thesis B in 2017 (will be updated from time to time).
If you have any questions or are interested to do Honours projects with us, please contact relevant supervisor in each project.
- Emissions to Energy: Artificial Photosynthesis for converting CO2 to fuels
- Integrating Hierarchical-nanostructured Pseudocapacitor on Screen Printed Solar Cells for Hybrid Energy Harvesting and Storage Systems
- No neeed for heat: Proton promoted catalyst activation as an alternative to thermal
- One dimensional Photoactive Nanostructures to Harvest Solar Energy
- Photothermal carbon dioxide utilisation: Carbon-neutral synthesis of methane
- Three dimensionally ordered macroporous spinel: active catalyst for CO2 reduction
- Turning water into chemical fuels under sunlight
- Functionalized carbon based materials for electrochemical energy applications
If you would like to find out more about other available projects in PARTCAT, please contact Prof Rose Amal (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Jason Scott (email@example.com), or Dr Yun Hau Ng (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr Dawei Wang (email@example.com)
The Partcat thesis scholarship is a new scholarship to be offered in 2017 to assist a student with an interest and passion in energy and environment related technology to undertake Honours research in the PARTCAT group. It is open to all 3rd year students (local and international) currently enrolled in Chemical Engineering or Industrial Chemistry who will do Thesis A followed by Thesis B in 2017. The winner will be awarded a $1000 scholarship (received upon thesis completion) as well as a certificate of recognition. To apply, send us your CV along with a current academic transcript and tell us, in less than 200 words, the project that you would like to do and why you chose it.