TETB room 302
Current Research Interest
Dr. Toe is currently working as a postdoctoral research associate working on heterogeneous photocatalysis and photoelectrocatalysis. Her doctoral research is the studies of copper-based photocatalysts with well-defined morphologies for photocatalytic and photoelectrochemical applications, while her current research interests are as below:
- Simultaneous production of hydrogen and value-added organic from photocatalytic reforming of organic waste.
- Photoelectrochemical selective organic oxidation and CO2 reduction reactions.
- Machine learning for photocatalyst discovery
Research and Teaching Experience
2018-present: Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Particles and Catalysis Research Group, UNSW
2019: Guest Lecturer (School of Chemical Engineering, UNSW)
2015-2018: Tutor and Assessor (School of Chemical Engineering, UNSW)
2017: Visiting Researcher, Institute of Solar Fuel, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin (HZB), Germany
2014-2018: PhD in Chemical Engineering, Particles and Catalysis Research Group, UNSW
2010-2014: Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, School of Chemical Engineering, University Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Seed Funding for Early Career Academics as Primary Investigator by Division of Equity, Diversity & Inclusion and Early Career Academic Network, Faculty of Engineering, UNSW.
- Small Seeding Grant Scheme as Co-Investigator by Early Career Academic Network, Faculty of Science, UNSW.
- Australia Synchrotron Access Program (2020) as Chief Investigator to study the dynamic evolution of copper species during electrochemical CO2 reduction using synchrotron powder diffraction spectroscopy,
by Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation (ANSTO)
- by Australian Nuclear Science & Technology Organisation (ANSTO)
- Future Women Leaders Conference Award (2019) by Monash University
- Small Equipment Grant of $19,500 (2019) by School of Chemical Engineering, UNSW
- ANSTO Powder Diffraction Data Analysis Workshop (funding recipient) by ANSTO
- Postgraduate Research Student Support (PRSS) Scheme (2017) by UNSW
- Higher Degree Research Tuition Fee Scholarship (2014) by UNSW
- Lu, X., Hart, J.N., Yao, Y., Toe, C. Y., Scott, J. and Ng, Y. H., Cu2O photocatalyst: Activity enhancement driven by concave surface. Materials Today Energy 2020, 16, 100422.
- Ma, Z., Tsounis, C., Kumar, P. V., Han, Z., Wong, R. J., Toe, C. Y., Zhou, S., Bedford, N. M., Thomsen, L., Ng, Y. H. and Amal, R., Enhanced Electrochemical CO2 Reduction of Cu@ CuxO Nanoparticles Decorated on 3D Vertical Graphene with Intrinsic sp3‐type Defect. Advanced Functional Materials 2020, p.1910118.
- Lu, X.; Toe, C. Y.; Ji, F.; Chen, W.; Wen, X.; Wong, R. J.; Seidel, J.; Scott, J.; Hart, J. N.; Ng, Y. H., light-induced formation of MoOxSy clusters on CdS nanorods as cocatalyst for enhanced hydrogen evolution. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2020, 12 (7), 8324-8332.
- Wu, X.; Toe, C. Y.; Su, C.; Ng, Y. H.; Amal, R.; Scott, J., Preparation of Bi-based photocatalysts in the form of powdered particles and thin films: a review. Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2020, 8, 15302-15318.
- Wu, H.; Tan, H. L.; Toe, C. Y.; Scott, J.; Wang, L.; Amal, R.; Ng, Y. H., Photocatalytic and Photoelectrochemical Systems: Similarities and Differences. Advanced Materials 2020, 32 (18), 1904717.
- Masood, H.#; Toe, C. Y.#; Teoh, W. Y.; Sethu, V.; Amal, R., Machine Learning for Accelerated Discovery of Solar Photocatalysts. ACS Catalysis 2019, 9, 11774-11787.
- Toe, C. Y.; Scott, J.; Amal, R.; Ng, Y. H., Recent Advances in Suppressing the Photocorrosion of Cuprous Oxide for Photocatalytic and Photoelectrochemical Energy Conversion. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology C: Photochemistry Reviews 2019, 40, 191-211.
- Toe, C. Y.; Zheng, Z.; Wu, H.; Scott, J.; Amal, R.; Ng, Y. H., Photocorrosion of Cuprous Oxide in Hydrogen Production: Rationalising Self‐Oxidation or Self‐Reduction. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2018, 130 (41), 13801-13805.
- Toe, C. Y.; Zheng, Z.; Wu, H.; Scott, J.; Amal, R.; Ng, Y. H., Transformation of cuprous oxide into hollow cubic copper sulphide photocatalyst. Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2018, 122 (25), 14072-14081.
- Toe, C. Y.; Tan, H. L.; Boyer, C.; Rawal, A.; Thickett, S. C.; Scott, J.; Amal, R.; Ng, Y. H., Photo-driven synthesis of polymer-coated platinized ZnO nanoparticles with enhanced photoelectrochemical charge transportation. Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2017, 5 (9), 4568-4575.
Please refer here (https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=8GEJTFEAAAAJ&hl=en) for other publications.
FOLLOW ME on: