TETB, room 307
Doctor of Philosophy 2015 –2018, University of New South Wales
Thesis Title: Reduction of Carbon Dioxide into Value Added Chemicals and Fuel
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering 2011- 2014, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Thesis title: Highly Stable and Efficient Double Perovskite for Solid Oxide Fuel Cells
My research direction is to explore artificial photosynthesis through the development of inexpensive and scalable nanomaterials and high throughput systems to tackle climate change (Carbon dioxide reduction) as well as to promote alternate fuels (hydrogen production).
Honours and Awards:
- Postdoctoral Writing Fellowship 2018
- Finalist, UNSW Postgraduate Research Symposium 2018
- Winner, Faculty of Engineering 3MT Round. 2018
- Finalist, AMP Amplify Ignite 2017
- Australia National Semi-finalist FameLab 2017
- Top-up Scholarship for Research Excellence 2017
- UNSW TFS Scholarship 2015- 2018
- Merit Award, Outstanding Engineering Project Award, JEC 2014
- Semi-finalists, President’s Cup HKUST 2014
- Champion, IMechE 2nd Greater China Design Competition 2013
- HKUST Academic Excellence Award 2013
- HKUST University Scholarship 2011- 2014
- R. Daiyan, X. Lu, Y.H. Ng, R. Amal. Highly Selective Conversion of CO2 to CO Achieved by a Three‐Dimensional Porous Silver Electrocatalyst. ChemistrySelect 2 (3), 879-884, (2017).
- R. Daiyan, X. Lu, Y.H. Ng, R. Amal. Surface engineered tin foil for electrocatalytic reduction of carbon dioxide to formate. Catalysis Science & Technology, 7 (12), 2542-2550, (2017).
- R. Daiyan, X. Lu, Y.H. Ng, R. Amal. Liquid Hydrocarbon Production from CO2: Recent Development in Metal‐Based Electrocatalysis. ChemSusChem, 10 (22), 4342-4358, (2017)
- R. Daiyan, X. Lu, W.H. Saputera, Y.H. Ng, R. Amal. Highly Selective Reduction of CO2 to Formate at Low Overpotentials Achieved by a Mesoporous Tin Oxide Electrocatalyst. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 6 (2), 1670-1679, (2018).
- R. Daiyan, W.H. Saputera, Q. Zhang, E. Lovell, S. Lim, Y.H. Ng, X. Lu, R. Amal. Three-dimensional Heterostructured Copper Electrode for Conversion of Carbon Dioxide to Alcohols at Low Overpotentials. Advanced Sustainable Systems, 1800064, (2018).
- R. Daiyan, X. Tan, R. Chen, W.H. Saputera, H. A. Tahini, E. Lovell, Y.H. Ng, S.C. Smith, L. Dai, X. Lu, R. Amal. Electroreduction of CO2 to CO on a Mesoporous Carbon Catalyst with Progressively Removed Nitrogen Moieties. ACS Energy Letters. 3, 9, 2292-2298, (2018).