a) Brief resume
10/2018 till now, postdoctoral research associate, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
9/2012-6/2018, Ph.D. candidate in Material Science, Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shenyang, China.
9/2008-6/2012, B.S. in Material Science and Engineering, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, China. Wuhan, China.
b) Research interests
• Design and fabrication of carbon-based materials (porous carbons, carbon nanotubes, graphene, carbon fibers); Controllable synthesis of nanostructured hybrid materials; etc
• High-energy-density lithium-sulfur battery: electrochemistry, materials research, electrode structure, and battery integral design; in-situ characterizations; lithium anode protection; all solid-state batteries; etc
• Design and development of advanced energy storage devices: 3D integrated batteries; flexible energy storage devices; etc.
- R. P. Fang, K. Chen, L. C, Yin, Z. H. Sun, F. Li, and H. M. Cheng. The regulating role of carbon nanotubes and graphene in advanced lithium-ion and lithium-sulfur batteries. Adv. Mater., 2018, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201800863. (inside back cover)
- S. Y. Zhao, #R. P. Fang, # (#equally contributed) Z. H. Sun, S. G. Wang, J. P. Veder, M. Saundesr, H. M. Cheng, C. Liu, S. P. Jiang, and F. Li. A 3D multifunctional architecture for lithium-sulfur batteries with high areal capacity. Small Methods, 2018, 1800067. (Front cover)
- R. P. Fang, S. Y. Zhao, Z. H. Sun, D. W. Wang, R. Amal, S. G. Wang, H. M. Cheng, and F. Li. Polysulfide immobilization and conversion on a conductive polar MoC@MoOx material for lithium-sulfur batteries. Energy Storage Mater., 2018, 10, 56-61.
- R. P. Fang, G. X. Li, S. Y. Zhao, L. C. Yin, K. Du, P. X. Hou, S. G. Gang, H. M. Cheng, C. Liu, and F. Li. Single-wall carbon nanotube network enabled ultrahigh sulfur-content electrodes for high-performance lithium-sulfur batteries. Nano Energy, 2017, 42, 205-214.
- R. P. Fang, S. Y. Zhao, Z. H. Sun, D. W. Wang, H. M. Cheng, and F. Li. More reliable lithium-sulfur batteries: status, solutions and prospects. Adv. Mater., 2017, 1606823. (Invited review, hot paper, highly cited paper)
- R. P. Fang, S. Y. Zhao, P. X. Hou, M. Cheng, S.G. Gang, H. M. Cheng, C. Liu, and F. Li. 3D interconnected electrode materials with ultrahigh areal sulfur loading for Li–S batteries. Adv. Mater., 2016, 17, 3374-3382. (hot paper, highly cited paper)
- R. P. Fang, S. Y. Zhao, S. F. Pei, X. T. Qian, P. X. Hou, H. M. Cheng, C. Liu, and F. Li. Toward more reliable lithium-sulfur batteries: an all-graphene cathode structure. ACS Nano, 2016, 10, 8676-8682. (highly cited paper)
- R. P. Fang, S. Y. Zhao, S. F. Pei, Y. X. Cheng, P. X. Hou, M. Liu, H. M. Cheng, C. Liu, and F. Li. An integrated electrode/separator with nitrogen and nickel functionalized carbon hybrids for advanced lithium/polysulfide batteries. Carbon, 2016, 109, 719-726.
- R. S. Song, # R. P. Fang,# (#equally contributed) L. Wen, Y. Shi, S. G. Wang and F. Li. A trilayer separator with dual function for high performance lithium-sulfur batteries. J. Power Sources, 2016, 301, 179-186.
- R. P. Fang, G. M. Zhou, S. F. Pei, F. Li and H. M. Cheng, Localized polyselenides in a graphene-coated polymer separator for high rate and ultralong life lithium-selenium batteries, Chem. Commun., 2015, 51, 3667-3670.
- S. Chua, R. P. Fang, Z. H. Sun, M. J. Wu, Z. Gu, J.Hart, N. Sharma, F. Li, D.Wang. Hybrid solid polymer electrolytes with two-dimensional inorganic nanofillers. Chem. A Eur. J. 2018, 18180-18203
- K. Chen, Z. H. Sun, R. P. Fang, Y. Shi, H. M. Cheng, and F. Li. MOFs-Derived Nitrogen-Doped Porous Carbon anchored on graphene with multifunctional effects for lithium-sulfur batteries. Adv. Funct. Mater., 2018, 1707592. (highly cited paper)
- K. Chen, Z. H. Sun, R. P. Fang, F. Li, and H. M. Cheng. Development of Graphene-based Materials for Lithium-Sulfur Batteries. Acta Phys-Chim. Sin., 2018, 34, 377-390.
- Z. H. Sun, J. Zhang, L. C. Yin, G. J. Hu, R. P. Fang, H. M. Cheng, and F. Li. Conductive porous vanadium nitride/graphene composite as chemical anchor of polysulfides for lithium-sulfur batteries. Nat. Commun. 2017, 8, 14627. (hot paper, highly cited paper)
- A. X. Bu, Y. Tan, R. P. Fang, F. Li, S. F. Pei, R. W. Cai. A graphene/PVDF/PP multilayer composite separator for long-life and high power lithium-ion batteries. New Carbon Mater. 2017, 42, 205-214.
- G. J. Hu, Z. H. Sun, C. Shi, R. P. Fang, J. Chen, P. X. Hou, C. Liu, H. M. Cheng, and F. Li. A Sulfur-Rich Copolymer@CNT Hybrid Cathode with Dual-Confinement of Polysulfides for High-Performance Lithium–Sulfur Batteries. Adv. Mater., 2016, 1603835.
- Z. Weng, W. Liu, L. C. Yin, R. P. Fang, M. Li, E. I. Altman, Q. Fan, F. Li, H. M. Cheng and H. Wang. Metal/Oxide Interface Nanostructures Generated by Surface Segregation for Electrocatalysis. Nano lett., 2015, 15, 7704-7710.
- 18. J. C. Li, S. Y. Zhao, P. X. Hou, R. P. Fang, C. Liu, J. Liang, J. Luan, X. Y. Shan and H. M. Cheng. A nitrogen-doped mesoporous carbon containing an embedded network of carbon nanotubes as a highly efficient catalyst for the oxygen reduction reaction. Nanoscale, 2015, 7, 19201-19206.
- N. Li, G. M. Zhou, R. P. Fang, F. Li and H. M. Cheng. TiO2/graphene sandwich paper as an anisotropic electrode for high rate lithium ion batteries. Nanoscale, 2013, 5, 7780-7784.